The Anton Chekhov Theatre Festival is an important international event in Moscow, Ekaterinburg, St. Petersburg, and Voronezh! Importing top theater since 1992, this year’s lineup will feature nearly two dozen plays by directors from France, Argentina, Spain, China, Great Britain, Taiwan and others.
I give this festival extra points for their English website!
The event will take place from May 13th, 2015 – July 17th, 2015.
Five Moscow theatres will host the festival: the Mossovet Theatre, the Meyerhold Centre, the Mayakovsky Theatre, the Pyotr Fomenko Workshop Theatre and the Pushkin Theatre.
GET TICKETS FOR:
1. Sisters Macaluso –ITALY (June 8th, 9th, 10th at the Pushkin Theatre)
2. Inal -SOUTH AFRICA/UK (June 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th at Mossovet)
3. Life Goes On –UK (June 23rd, 24th, 25th at Mossovet)
4. Mahabharata – JAPAN (June 29th, 30th, July 1st, 2nd, 3rd at Mossovet)
5. False Confessions – FRANCE (July 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th at Mossovet)
(Teatrall is a Russian site but translates well in Google Translate).
The Moscow Government recommends:
“The War, a joint Russian-British production based on the works of Richard Aldington, Homer and Nikolai Gumilev, two modern ballet productions from Argentina, The False Confessions by legendary Swiss director Luc Bondy starring Isabelle Huppert and The Bourgeois Gentleman by the Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord.”