For lifestyle, art, music, and culture, I have a separate reading list. You already know about the quarterly Moscow Expat Life, but you may not have heard of some of these fascinating resources. You will find great reads and pictures relevant to living in Moscow here:
1. The Calvert Journal: A guide to creative Russia. In English, this is a daily briefing on the culture and creativity of modern Russia, delivered through a mix of reportage, comment and photography.
2. Russia! magazine has a lot of political content but has a great culture section as well.
3. Russia Beyond the Headlines is an English news site but goes more in depth on non-news topics such as culture and history.
4. Home and Away is a very well-written, award-winning long-form blog by a dual citizen. It is about ” Narrating the double-expat experience, one idiosyncrasy at a time.” Anna Belkina, the author, also provides her photography for this blog, AskSophie.ru!
5. Blouin Art Info is in Russian, but most browsers can translate pages into English. The international edition is a great read for art lovers as well.
6. The Art Newspaper Russia is also in Russian, and has an international English edition.
7. Business Investment Guide Russia (BIG RUSSIA) is a mobile application that is geared towards foreign business and investment.
8. Buro 24/7 is all about fashion and lifestyle. Again, you will have to use the translation tool in your browser because it is in Russian, but it’s mostly pictures anyway!
Originally published on July 27th, 2014